The Science for Adaptation Policy Brief Series is an initiative of the World Adaptation Science Programme (WASP). The briefs target researchers, policymakers, and practitioners. WASP Science for Adaptation Policy Briefs aim to encourage demand-driven knowledge creation and sharing, as well as engage stakeholders at the science-policy-action interface.
The first three briefs were launched at the UNFCCC Research Dialogue virtual event on 24 November 2020. The launch was organized by WASP in collaboration with the UNFCCC Secretariat, under the leadership of the current WASP Chair, UNFCCC Director of Adaptation, Youssef Nassef. The authors of the WASP Policy Briefs presented their key findings and provided evidence-based policy recommendations.
More information on the UNFCCC Research Dialogues can be found here.
All previously published briefs can be accessed here:
- WASP Brief #1 - Adaptation Decision-Support Tools and Platforms
- WASP Brief #2 - Transboundary Climate Risk and Adaptation
- WASP Brief #3 - High-end Climate Change and Adaptation
- WASP Brief #4 - Early warning systems for adaptation
- WASP Brief #5 - Cascading shocks and stressors
- WASP Brief #6 - The global goal on adaptation
- WASP Brief #7 - Advancing Effectiveness for Climate Adaptation